IMPORTANT: This call will be repeated in OCTOBER 2021! Please come back later to see new deadlines.
In line with the idea of promoting inter-regional cooperation between the Caucasus and the neighbouring countries, AESC is announcing a competition for best scholarly paper under the general title:
“European Studies in Crisis? Regional Perspectives from the Caucasus”
whereby each paper shall be written by two young scholars (defined as M.A. students or Ph.D. students in their first or second year) from two different countries of the region or neighbouring countries. Authors are free to choose any disciplinary or interdisciplinary approach under EU Studies to reflect on the issue of crisis in any given field related to the Caucasus.
The papers will be assessed by an AESC-nominated jury of eminent scholars against the standards of scholarly journal publications. The five best submissions will be awarded with cash prizes of € 400 each. In addition, the 5 best teams will be asked to present their papers at an online “Young Scholars’ Meeting” later in 2021 or possibly at the 2021 AESC Convention in Tbilisi in December.
To participate, please note the following stages:
1) Until 15 August 2021, send us via firstname.lastname@example.org
• Resumes of the two team members (authors)
• Proof of citizenship (passport copy) and proof of university enrolment
• Abstract of a maximum of 200 words.
2) By 1 September 2021, you will be informed whether your submission has been accepted, and you will receive the “go” for writing
3) By 1 October 2021, your papers shall be submitted to email@example.com (maximum 7.000 words incl. abstract, key words), following scholarly standards for journal publications.
The jury will convene by mid-October and will announce its results asap.
If you are unsure where to find a partner, you are welcome to use the AESC Facebook group to announce your interest. The entire competition is open also to non-members of AESC! If you are not a member of the aforementioned Facebook group, please join us!