In line with the idea of promoting inter-regional cooperation between the South Caucasus and the neighbouring countries and with the financial support of the EU, AESC is announcing a competition for best scholarly paper under the general title
“European Studies in Crisis? Regional Perspectives from the Caucasus”.
We are looking for papers which critically reflect on the role of the EU in the region and beyond.
Each paper shall be written by two young scholars (current Master students or up to 2 yrs after graduation) from two different countries of the region or neighbouring countries. Authors are free to choose any approach under EU Studies.
The papers will be assessed by an AESC-nominated jury of eminent scholars against the standards of scholarly journal publications. The five best submissions will be awarded with cash prizes of € 400 each. In addition, the 5 best teams will be asked to present their papers at the 2021 AESC Convention in Tbilisi, held in the first half of December 2021.
To participate, please note the following stages:
1) Until 1 November 2021, send us via email@example.com
- Resumes of the two team members (authors)
- Proof of citizenship (passport copy) and proof of university enrolment or date of graduation
- Abstract of a maximum of 200 words.
2) By 3 November 2021 you will be informed whether your submission has been accepted, and you will receive the “go” for writing
3) By 1 December 2021, your papers shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org (maximum 5.000 words incl. abstract, key words), following scholarly standards for journal publications.
If you are unsure where to find a partner, you are welcome to use the AESC Facebook group or site to announce your interest. The entire competition is open also to non-members of AESC! If you are not a member of the aforementioned Facebook group, please join us!
Wishing you good luck!